Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seeds!

So after much deliberation...we placed our seed order with Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. I am so unbelievably excited. I can't wait to start the garden! I think we made some wonderful selections, even though this incredibly long list was so difficult to achieve because there were 4 or 5 times as many that we wanted. But without further ado:

Mary Washington Asparagus
McCaslin 42 Pole Bean (They were out of stock on Dragon Tongue - so sad)
Rattlesnake Pole Bean
Waltham 29 Broccoli
Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts
Green Macerata Cauliflower
Amarillo Carrot
Snow White Carrot
Tendercrisp Celery
Poona Kheera Cucumber
Delikatesse Cucumber
Listada De Gandia Eggplant
Thai Long Green Eggplant
Small Warted Mix Gourd (I love these little guys in the fall!)
European Mesclun Mix (So many types...I just went with a big lettuce mix)
Perkin's Long Pod Okra
Red Creole Onion
Wando Garden Pea
Emerald Giant Pepper
Orange Bell Pepper (We love bell peppers)
Quadrato D' Asti Giallo Pepper
Crookneck Early Golden Summer Squash
Zucchino Rampicante Squash (Zucca D'Albenga)
Zucchini Black Beauty Squash
Candy Roaster - North Georgia (Pumpkin)
Emerald Evergreen Tomato
Brandywine Tomato
Black Cherry Tomato
Boule D'or Turnip
Basil - Genovese
Cilantro
Dill Bouquet
German Chamomile
Lavender
Oregano, Vulgare
Petite Mix Marigold
Dwarf Jewel Mix Nasturtium

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Are you kidding me? How am I supposed to choose the ones I want??? I do actually need to order the edemame from my catalog...I keep forgetting. But now I have 4 planters that are 4x8 so my whole layout is going to be different from what I wrote down...so I need to figure that out. Also, after watching Food, Inc. today I understand why you were so picky about where you got your seeds from and what kind of seeds they were and all that...so I'm actually really glad we decided to do it this way isntead of me buying my own seeds :)