Monday, September 8, 2008

Hello Monday

Well, here we are...another Monday. Is it just me, or do the weeks fly by way too fast? What bothers me is that I'm only 26 and feeling this way. I know it's only going to go by more and more quickly as I get older. Sigh. I can't help but wonder how fast this week will go by as I'm really really looking forward to closing on friday. Then dealing with the complex on saturday morning and getting that over with and knowing what we have to pay and do, blah blah blah. Then we'll finally get to play at our new house the rest of the weekend! We are sooooo excited. It seems surreal right now...I can't believe I'll own a house.

I'm feeling rather groggy this morning, so I'm allowing myself a small shot of coffee (so far no inner olympic response) to take the edge off. I didn't sleep well last night and then was wide awake at 5:30. What's up with that? Of course, early bird Isaac had been up for awhile by then, so we just enjoyed a nice breakfast together. (Something I usually don't have the luxury of until I get to work as I generally choose sleep...) We got off to work early for once, so yay for overtime!

Oh! And for those of you who know about my mammoth album project I've been working on for Jeanne, I am finished!!! It kept growing, and growing and ended up being waaay more than I expected. Then, I decided to take all her childhood and older family photographs and restore them and scrapbook them as a heritage album for her. (They were falling apart and not even all in albums) So that book took the last year, and has turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself. A lot of work, but I know she'll love it, so I'm excited to give that to her :) And, I'll be honest; I'm so relieved to have it done! I was bound and determined not to move with those things again. Besides, it has been exactly 3 years since I began work on them, so I'm sure she'll be glad that I'm done too! She's all but the last 2 since last year though... Anyway, I'm guilt free to focus on packing and moving :)

Now, back to all the work stuff I really need to be doing...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I thought about you guys doing your closing today! How exciting! I hope it was "uneventful" (no unpleasant surprises around the table). Enjoy your new home! :o)