Friday, October 10, 2008

Remember me?

So, glad I started this blog - one more thing to remind me that time is zooming by and I can't keep up! It's been forever since I had a few moments to reflect on my thoughts.

I'm having a lot of fun unpacking the house and finding a home for everything. I really wish I had more time and energy for it! Usually I'm so exhausted by the time we get home from work I'm rather unproductive during the week, so the weekends are all we have. Of course, then I can't just go at it all day, I have to take breaks... sigh. It seems like so long ago that I was the energizer bunny when I worked.

I know lots of women have miserable pregnancies, so I certainly won't complain a lot. I mean, I didn't get morning sickness, I'm carrying twins and still working in my third trimester, I'm not on bedrest...it could be significantly worse. However, I can't say I'm one of those incredibly happy, bubbly women who "just love being pregnant!" I mean, I miss free movement, being able to bend down and then stand back up on my own, no painful stretch marks, and of course, the consistent heartburn is a real plus. The other side is, the end of all this means a whole other reality... I might think peeing 6 times a night is annoying now, but that only takes a minute. Somehow I think what I've got going on now will be pretty minor...

Today is friday, and I'm super happy about that! I really look forward to our weekends at home. There's so many things we want to do with the house. I wish I could do more fall gardening - now's the time! I might just have to wait until next spring to find a home for my peonies. That really would be okay, because I have no idea what's in that yard, and I might have some nice surprises come spring! Last week I noticed a whole bunch of iris buds coming up. (Totally random location, but I can fix that.) We also want to get that giant tree outta there, so hopefully within a couple years the yard will look much nicer. :) Yay for a yard!

No comments: